Alma barracks and the inner gate house with the C18th defensive gun position in front.
The construction of the parade ground between 1827-1835 gives a false impression of
the strength of the older defenses. Originally the ditch in front of the gun battery and wall
was filled with water and stocked with fish, as was the moat on the soth face of the castle.
See medium picture | Back to thumbnails